This Empty Road



Yesterday was the promise
Laced with choking hope
For me and you my miss
With such clasping stronghold

Time weathers this bond
Rather than brew a fine wine
Acting of our own accord
We brought us here, well aligned

What…what exactly?
A careless shrug…
An indifferent bear hug…
Just one loose tongue…

Life was much simpler
Without these gloomy sighs
Or our celebrity-styled smiles
A house ruined by guile

It’s the end of this line
Leaning all so close
I ponder on the resonance
Seemingly endless…it clatters
As I roam the promenade
Of our deserted beach

I ask me, rudely
Shouldn’t I have ridden more wisely?
But I falter for answers
Yet given another chance
Again I’ll still be camped here
With thoughts of you…
Down this empty road

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My pictures

My pictures
we dey here

Welcome to Creative Cult

Fellas welcome to the prestigious cult for creative minds. We are a special breed, scions of the Muse. A sect of circumcised minds, words our toys, the Muse our guiding sun and creativity ultimately our ambrosia....explore our world.

What you looking for?